Fiji Zipline – Ecological & Cultural Responsibility
Every year, Zip Fiji receives guests from all over the world, many of whom have little or no knowledge about the ecology or the people of our region. We believe that not only is the canopy zip line experience and thrilling adventure, but it also provides a unique opportunity to share ecological information and to promote respect and understanding between cultures.
The zipline adventure concept is inherently sustainable as:
• Limited ground-based activity results in less erosion, soil compaction or watershed impact.
• Minimalistic structures have a low impact on wildlife habitats and create wildlife corridors.
• The close-up interaction of guests and the environment enhances visitors’ appreciation of the ecosystem.
• The labor-intensive nature of the attraction provides employment and economic growth in the region as well as creates an informal forum for cultural exchange between resident staff and visitors.
Low-impact Construction Methods
We use a lightweight, modular element design that conforms to the environment and leaves little or no footprint upon removal. Elements are anchored in a way that doesn’t impair tree growth or health. Trees are not perforated (no nails, bolts or screws) and buffering materials are used to protect them from abrasion. Vegetation is tied back rather than removed. During construction of our tour, the builders used single rope aid-climbing techniques to gain access and did not use spikes to climb trees, no heavy machinery was used to avoid damage to roots and soils and no endangered or threatened species were harmed in any way.
Responsible Policies and Procedures
Our operational policies and procedures are based on recognized environmental protection and conservation practices as well as cultural sensitivity and preservation concepts.
To this end we:
• Provide ecological, cultural and historical information to residents and visitors and promote intercultural understanding
• Protect and conserve the ecosystem within the tour sector
• Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
• Avoid contamination of the environment
• Use water and electricity conservatively
• Respect, protect and support local traditions, culture and values
• Provide employment opportunities to residents
• Create a respectful, safe work environment
• Protect culturally or historically-sensitive areas or artifacts
We hire exclusively from the local area and provide all training for our staff which enables men and women with no previous experience and little formal education to gain employment in the tourism industry. This enhances the standard of living of our employees and their families as well as promotes economic growth in the village.
Book your Fiji Zipline Adventure Now:
Call +679-672-6045 or +679-930-0545